Is WeeHands Right
A Job To Love
WeeHands is an infant, toddler and preschool sign language program born in Brooklin, Ontario, Canada. Since 2001, we have taught thousands of families to sign with their babies and toddlers in Canada and the US. WeeHands teaches families ASL vocabulary as well as language development strategies that are important to early language learners.
Want to Get Started teaching with WeeHands Today?
Subscribe to your WeeHands Instructors Teaching License below. Please note all License subscriptions are non-refundable. As soon as your license subscription is complete you will be invited to our online course for new instructors and to our online discussion group for all WeeHands Instructors.
Get Started Today by subscribing to the WeeHands Instructors's Yearly License Fee
More about teaching with WeeHands
All certified and licensed WeeHands Instructors have access to:
- our certification, including training and testing, 1-Star, 2-Star and 3-Star Instructor programs
- access to purchase our baby, toddler, preschool and educator teaching educational children's sign language curriculums
- support from both our founder, Sara Bingham, and our other WeeHands Instructors
- our specially designed WeeHands Instructors forums that is only open to WeeHands Instructors where you'll have access to all other WeeHands Instructors, read great tips on subjects such as marketing, workshops, setting and running classes. etc.
- WeeHands marketing materials, including brochures, fliers, business cards and certificates.
- leads that come in from your community as well social media shout-outs on our Twitter and Facebook pages.
In September 2007, The Baby Signing Book by Sara Bingham, WeeHands founder, was published. The Baby Signing Book teaches parents 350 developmentally appropriate American Sign Language signs. Language milestones are charted throughout the book so progress can be charted. Just as The Baby Signing Book emphasizes ASL and language development as do WeeHands classes and workshops.
||1-Star Level WeeHands Instructors have a background in American Sign Language as well as education or child development, and have successfully completed our WeeHands Instructors certification that focuses on language development & the use of sign language with children 0-3 years. 1-Star Level WeeHands Instructors teach parents, educators and preschool children.
||2-Star Level WeeHands Instructors have a background in American Sign Language as well as education or child development, have successfully completed our WeeHands Instructors certification that focuses, in detail, on language development and essential language learning steps from 0-5 years. 2-Star Level WeeHands Instructors teach parents, educators and preschool children and present at conferences and special events.
||3-Star Level WeeHands Instructors have a background in American Sign Language as well as education or child development; have successfully completed our WeeHands Instructors certification that focuses on language, reading & literacy development with children 0-6 years. 3-Star Level WeeHands Instructors teach parents, educators and preschool children and present at conferences and special events; and provide leadership and training to other Instructors.
If you are interested in setting your own schedule, running your own business (full or part time), sharing your knowledge and experience with others and making a positive impact in the lives of families in your community, then the WeeHands Instructors team is for you!
American Sign Language Requirements
WeeHands classes and products teach American Sign Language (ASL) vocabulary. The more training you have in American Sign Language the better your classes will be. We require all licensed and certified WeeHands Instructors to have formal ASL training through accredited institutions (listed below) or through a approved on-line resource, e.g., our EveryDay Sign class and www.signingonline.com.
Although live ASL courses, taught by Deaf Individuals are preferred, we understand that geographic circumstances may not make that possible. An additional way to meet our ASL requirement, if you have not done so already, is to complete our EveryDay Sign class ($50.00 US) as well as courses at www.signingonline.com. Each www.signingonline.com course is priced at $49.99 US and can USUALLY be completed in 10 days or less. We recommend you submit your Instructor Application and then complete your online course.
WeeHands has become well recognized as a leader in programs of its kind. WeeHands has been featured on Fox News, in the Toronto Star, in the Toronto Sun, in the Globe and Mail, on Global National News, in the Montreal Gazette, in the Hudson Sun, in Glow magazine, on Fairchild TV (in Canada and Hong Kong), in ParentsCanada magazine, in Peel Living Television, York Living Television, Durham Lifetime Television, CHEX TV Peterborough and in the Milton Champion, Whitby This Week, the Richmond Hill Liberal, the Oakville Beaver, the Mississauga News and in the Vaughan Citizen. WeeHands was also featured on the Life Network's "Yummy Mummy" show, "The Mom Show" and "Birth Stories".
Here are a few questions to determine whether there is market potential for WeeHands in your community...
- What is the population of 0-5 year olds in your area? (See StatsCan or US Census)
- How many WeeHands instructors are presently offering classes in your area? (Click here)
- If the number of instructors is serving less than 7% of the population of 0-6 year olds, there is a need for more instructors in your community!
- If there are established WeeHands programs in your area, contact them to find out if they need more teachers. If there aren't, consider setting up your own program!
Click on the links at left, to learn more! Every new family deserves WeeHands. More qualified WeeHands instructors are the key to making that happen!